Information Gathering and Usage
We collect the following types of information from users of our website ("Users"):
- Information input by Users as part of the process of registration to use our website;
- E-mail addresses of Users who communicate with us via e-mail;
- Information volunteered by Users in the course of use of our website (such as, for example their profile, information about their organisation, survey responses); and
- Analytics and tracking data about Users site usage.
When you register for Beehive we ask for information including your name, email address, organisation name, billing address, and payment information (Members who sign up for the free account are not required to enter any payment details). Once you have registered for Beehive you may also submit additional information relating to your funding activities or requirements, your other activities or objectives, or those of your organisation, and other relevant information.
Unless we obtain your permission, information that is identifiable as relating to you (i.e. it has not been edited to make it anonymous) is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except in connection with the operation of the Beehive service (including matching users with other users, providing insights into the activities of Users and related research and publications), or under the following circumstances:
- If it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
Beehive uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the Beehive service. Data relating to Users and their organisations is transferred to or mirrored on servers within the European Union. Beehive reserves the right to transfer or mirror data to servers outside the European Union.
Beehive will apply all reasonable measures to ensure that data held on Beehive servers is secure but cannot guarantee that security measures will not be breached.
Beehive will, when applicable, use secure third-party payment service providers and so will not have access to any User’s bank account or payment card information.
Beehive may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Beehive primary account holder account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.